cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chandan Purushothama <Chandan.Purushoth...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Regarding "Blacklist of Routes" Feature of nTier Apps 2.0
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 22:24:36 GMT
Thanks Alena,

Do you prevent the execution of updateZoneLevelParameters API with "blacklistedRoutes" parameter
on a Basic Zone? If No, then will an accidental execution of this API on a Basic Zone have
any bad consequences on any functionality in the zone?

Thank you,
Chandan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alena Prokharchyk
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 3:13 PM
To: Chandan Purushothama; cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org; dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Regarding "Blacklist of Routes" Feature of nTier Apps 2.0

You have to specify the new list of the blacklisted routes excluding the one you want to drop.
For example:

1)
updateZoneLevelParameters&zoneId=1&blacklistedRoutes=10.1.1.0/24,10.1.2.0/2
4
2) if you want to drop the last route from the black list, execute:

 updateZoneLevelParameters&zoneId=1&blacklistedRoutes=10.1.1.0/24

Any zone configuration parameter will be stored as a String, and to update it with the new
value, you will have to re-define the string anew.

Assuming your next question will be - how to re-set the parameter to Null/empty. For that,
refer to Harikrishna Patnala - a developer for "Granular Global Config Parameters" feature.
The feature's API should support resetting granular global configs.

-Alena.