cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] - Deletion of Users within the Admin account
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:13:32 GMT
Hi Chip ,

This issue has been fixed in asf/master at both the UI and API layers (CLOUDSTACK-1941) .
Now , if you think that we should support the same functionality in 4.1 as well , then myself
and Alena can back-port our fixes to 4.1 from master.

Thanks,
Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: Alena Prokharchyk
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 11:12 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: Pranav Saxena
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] - Deletion of Users within the Admin account

Chip,

1) "System" user is always identified by the cloud.user DB id=1 (hardcoded in User.java interface).
This user is never exposed via API, you can't remove it - the checks are already in place
for it.

2) For users of "admin" account, currently there is no direct way to tell if the user was
added by the system, or using API call. We can't rely on name "admin" as it's not reserved
name and renaming is also allowed.

I think for upgrade we can rely on the cloud.user db id - expect it to be "system_user_db_id
+ 1" as we know that 2 users come with the default cloudStack install.

-Alena.