cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] - Deletion of Users within the Admin account
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 17:12:58 GMT
If you think that the admin should not have the flexibility to delete a user within the admin
account from the UI ( one has to use the API's to do such tasks then) , we can go ahead without
this change for 4.1  and incorporate this change for 4.2 .

Thanks,
Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 10:34 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: Alena Prokharchyk
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] - Deletion of Users within the Admin account

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 04:53:38PM +0000, Pranav Saxena wrote:
> Is the current state of 4.1 and master a change in behaviour from 4.0.0?
> [Pranav] - I didn't check 4.0 but the behavior in 4.1 and master seem to be exactly the
same .

> If it isn't a change, I'd like to propose that we set the fix version
> 4.2.0 at a minimum.  Pending the outcome of this discussion thread, perhaps it will be
closed with "won't fix", or perhaps it gets fixed.
> [Pranav] - Since the bug was marked as Critical for 4.1 , we can fix it in both . It
is definitely an API bug which needs to be fixed as admin account should not be allowed to
be deleted . Moreover from the UI perspective , I need a condition to distinguish between
the two types of users to showcase delete options on the UI accordingly.

> If it *is* a change, can we implement a fix that restores past behaviour as a first step?
> [Pranav] - I believe , it should be a "demanding" change if at all 4.0 is also having
a similar behavior ( which I am not sure of right now) since conceptually and technically
we should not be following the current behavior in any version .

As far as 4.1.0 goes, I'd like to release without this change...  unless we know that it behaved
more appropriately in 4.0.0.

Thoughts?