cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] Mixed zone management
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 18:13:31 GMT
On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 11:11:37AM -0700, Brian Federle wrote:
> Nevermind, I figured it out I think, I'll submit a review board request for this.

No no, please don't bother doing that!

Give me a few more mins to look through things (in a meeting right now).

> -Brian

to point to the design doc on the wiki, the jira record for the work, and any of the critical
discussions that talk about the changes.  The reason for an email like this is to help the
community understand what the changes will be.  Because of this goal, pointing to the commit-sh
in master that tells everyone what point in the master tree they should use to compare the
branch with.  Seeing a clean diff is critical to reviewing the proposed merge.

> Once you send that email, wait for feedback for at least 72 hours!
>
> If there is any constructive feedback or there are any concerns raised, address them
before pushing to master.  Ideally, other community members will want to reach consensus on
any issues without formally vetoing a merge, so respect concerns and work to get consensus
from the community.

> If there are no issues, proceed with your merge."
>
> I specified the branch name and jira ticket. What else do I need, or do I need to format
the merge in a specific way? I do need a diff file?

> -Brian

'Basic' 'Advanced' or by both basic + advanced (the default). This allows a better workflow
for users/admins to only view features pertaining to the zone type they are primarily managing.
- i.e., if the drop-down is set to 'Basic' then features unavailable to basic zones will be
hidden in the UI, such as VPC.

> > Note that this change also converts the project switcher on the header to a drop-down,
for visual consistency.

> > Branch is ui-mixed-zone-management
> >
> > -Brian
> >

> Hey Brian,
>
> Can you do us a favor and look at some of the more recent merge requests?  Folks have
been doing a great job referencing all of the checks we're asking each other for in the merge
expectation page [1].