cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] Mixed zone management
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:32:10 GMT
On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:25:56AM -0700, Brian Federle wrote:
> [Re-sending, accidentally sent to the old incubator list before due to e-mail client
autocorrect :)]

> Hello,
>
> I would like to merge down the 'mixed zone management' support: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-738
>
> This adds a new drop-down to the top of the UI to filter out zones by type - either 'Basic'
'Advanced' or by both basic + advanced (the default). This allows a better workflow for users/admins
to only view features pertaining to the zone type they are primarily managing. - i.e., if
the drop-down is set to 'Basic' then features unavailable to basic zones will be hidden in
the UI, such as VPC.

> Note that this change also converts the project switcher on the header to a drop-down,
for visual consistency.

> Branch is ui-mixed-zone-management
>
> -Brian

Hey Brian,

Can you do us a favor and look at some of the more recent merge
requests?  Folks have been doing a great job referencing all of the
checks we're asking each other for in the merge expectation page [1].

Just talking through what's done and not would be enough.

-chip

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Branch+Merge+Expectations