cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] ASA 1000v as external firewall in isolated guest networks
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 13:20:39 GMT
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 06:39:29AM +0000, Koushik Das wrote:
> Currently there are no functional tests, did e2e tests manually.
> There are some external setup that is required which then needs to be added to Cloudstack
like Nexus 1000v, VNMC, ASA 1000v appliance details. I don't see any existing tests related
to Vmware/Nexus stuff which I can reuse, so implementing all these steps would need some time.

> So wanted to check if it is ok to merge now and add the functional tests subsequently?

Before we merge it in, can we first discuss how we want to hand this
sort of thing?  It seems that at least a marvin test, not run by
default, would be helpful here.  Certainly documentation on how to setup
an environment to support the test is also needed.

Do other's have thoughts on this?