cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Master broken
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2013 17:16:05 GMT
On Sat, Apr 06, 2013 at 05:27:11AM +0000, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:
> Ah - misunderstood. Like Hugo said, a test that fails on presence of db connection should
solve this. But I hope ppl will turn mysql on (as an additional step) to run the bvt. Or better
yet, I can look into those db tests and port them as marvin tests.

Perhaps I'm confused, but having a unit test that fails the build if
MySQL is running on the local machine seems like a really bad idea.

I think the problem to solve is just that we want to avoid unit tests
that require a DB.  As long as we all know this, and that we have build
jobs that fail on the CI side of things, isn't that enough?

Am I confused?

> --
> Prasanna.,

the unit tests have db on their laptops so if they have unit tests that require DB will run
on their laptop but fails on Jenkins, which doesn't have a db.