cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <DHoogl...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject RE: BroadcastDomainType and other enums in Networks.java
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 13:14:59 GMT
In addition to this I would like to remove the use of a numeric vlan as string from the system
and replace it with a URI (!not being a URL!) Is there  any technical objection or other reason
not to this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Daan Hoogland [mailto:DHoogland@schubergphilis.com]
Sent: dinsdag 23 april 2013 14:11
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: BroadcastDomainType and other enums in Networks.java

H,

Working on getting a Nicira hosted  private gateway for VPCs, I noticed that at some points
the enums IsolationType and BroadcastDomainType are used interchangeably. These do not contain
exactly the same values. Can they be unified (by me)? Or would I be breaking to much?

As an illustration, this code comes from PrivateNetworkGuru:

            nic.setIsolationUri(IsolationType.Vlan.toUri(ip.getBroadcastUri()));
            nic.setBroadcastUri(IsolationType.Vlan.toUri(ip.getBroadcastUri()));

kind regards,
Daan Hoogland