cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DOCS] More OSS writers needed
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 14:59:34 GMT

On Apr 4, 2013, at 10:53 AM, Radhika Puthiyetath <radhika.puthiyetath@citrix.com> wrote:

> My two cents
>
> We should go to conferences specifically meant for writers, and market CloudStack. That
way, we could attract good freelancers.

> The other way is to reach out to students and offer internship to those who are interested
in writing. ..In the due course, both parties are mutually benefited: Students get good industry
exposure on cutting edge technology, whereas we might get good writers to work on CloudStack
docs..

> -Radhika

writers to the project?  I think that we obviously have
> *lots* of work to do, which frankly can even go into helping to curate the wiki, etc...
 My personal concern is getting enough volunteers to work on all of this!

If I were a dictator I would force every new feature to land in the source code *with* documentation.
No documentation, no commit.
Of course folks would hate me for it :) and the project might die. However I read that Django
tries to do this.

CloudStack is a complex software and the best people to write the docs are really the folks
who write the features.
In addition, lots of features require advanced setup that a lot of tech writers won't have
at their disposal.

Maybe couple days before the next CloudStack conference we can have a face to face WriteaThon...

-Sebastien