cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: Documentation How-To
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 19:02:08 GMT
On Tue, Apr 9, 2013, at 01:56 PM, Radhika Puthiyetath wrote:
> I know it's double work for me, but tell me what other option I have if I
> don't get any response in time !

We should probably bring this up as a more general discussion. Here's
how I would handle it, but maybe I'm not doing it right:

- Write docs to the best of my understanding.
- Commit to the appropriate branches.
- Update Jira issue for the documentation (if exists) and ask the
feature owner(s) to review, re-assign Jira issue to that person.
- Send a note to dev@ asking for additional review if it is necessary.
- Work with Release Manager to bug feature owners if they are
unresponsive.

I don't think it should fall back to you or any of us doing docs to have
to keep recrafting patches if the feature owners are being slow in
responding. That just doesn't seem reasonable.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier