cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [DOCS] More OSS writers needed
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 14:16:38 GMT
On Thu, Apr 4, 2013, at 07:06 PM, Jessica Tomechak wrote:
> One way the community could help is by making sure the "How to Contribute
> to Docs" part of our wiki is a great as it can be.[1]  I feel like our
> docs
> process is pretty straightforward and well explained, witness that
> several
> contributors have been able to self-teach from this wiki. But if anyone
> wants to add more examples, tutorials, etc., that would be awesome.

Puzzled by the mention of "the community" here. We're all community
here. ;-)

Whether the docs process is straightforward, I'm not sure. Getting into
Publican/Docbook is non-trivial.

The wiki doesn't really give much of a guide as far as "here's how you
actually add something to the docs."

But I'm not even sure that's the problem. Finding documentation
contributors is usually difficult since you really need:

- Someone who understands the project/product.
- Someone who can write clearly *and* enjoys doing it.
- Someone who meets the above two criteria and isn't already overloaded
with other work.

Best,

jzb
--