cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Grizzanti <david.grizza...@sungard.com>
Subject Contributing/Generating API Documenation
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 20:00:08 GMT
Hey All,

I'm still a bit new to the project but wanted to help out by trying to resolve of the API
docs bugs that are outstanding.  I was taking a look at the documentation on the Wiki for
contributing to documentation and it seems to follow the same guidelines as code.  I was reading
over this page - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+Documentation+Contributors+Overview.
 Is that the best place to start?

Also, I was trying to build the API documentation on my local system following the instructions
here - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/How+To+Generate+CloudStack+API+Documentation.
 Is this page up to date?  It talks about running this script setup/apidoc/build-apidoc.sh
to build the docs, however, I found it here tools/apidoc/build-apidoc.sh and it seems to require
some command line options as input.

If there are other wiki pages that would be more helpful or some other place to start besides
what I mentioned, let me know!

Thanks

--
Dave