cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Translation authorship
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 08:57:58 GMT
Hi folks,

I have been committing the translations to the 4.1 branch.

There is an issue with authorship of the translations.

Translators submit translations of strings via a site called transifex. A documentation file
can therefore have multiple translators.
The authorship appears in the .po files and looks like this:

# Translators:
# Daniela Sant Ana de Oliveira <daniela.santana@ibge.gov.br>, 2013.
# Edgard Balter Jr. <ebalter@gmail.com>, 2013.
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: Apache CloudStack Docs\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2013-03-19T13:38:05\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2013-03-19 14:13+0000\n"
"Last-Translator: sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com>\n"
….<snip>

This example has two translators and I also appear there probably because I uploaded the empty
strings.

Those .po files are generated automatically and used by publican to build the guides in the
different languages.

I currently I committed all .po files and while putting the license header I mistakenly wiped
out all authorship information, which is not good.

However there are over 1000 .po files. If I want to commit with the proper authorship I need
to automate it. Couple problems arise

1-The number of commit could be as large as 1000 :(
2-A single file can have multiple authors

The easiest way is for me to commit all .po files in one commit and keep the authorship within
the text of the po files.

Thoughts ?

-sebastien