cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Manan Shah <manan.s...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] EIP across zones
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 21:40:15 GMT
Thanks Murali for the FS. Below are some questions/comments.

1. Is there a reason why we wouldn't support this feature for VPC?
2. Your FS talks about supporting EIP for Shared Networks as well. Are you
going to support that? If so, are you going to support it only when NS is
enabled as a LB service provider?
3. On Stopping a VM in basic zone today, CS does not detach the EIP from
the VM. I believe the functionality should be consistent with the current
support as well as consistent across Basic and Advanced Zones
4. In Advanced Zone Network with EIP service, I am assuming you will not
allocate a Public IP for every guest VM. Your FS talks about Advanced Zone
behaving exactly like Basic Zone. That's why I am asking.
5. Currently, we support EIP in Basic Zone. For basic zone users, it might
get confusing that there are two ways to do EIP in Basic Zone.

Regards,
Manan Shah