cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Min Chen <min.c...@citrix.com>
Subject Failed to addCluster with latest master code
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2013 02:03:58 GMT
Hi there,

In preparing merging my feature branch vim51_win8 to master, I rebased with latest master
code, then my testing immediately failed at addCluster with the following stack trace:

2013-03-01 17:34:18,953 DEBUG [cloud.network.NetworkModelImpl] (552681680@qtp-144013098-6:null)
Failed to retrieve the default label for public traffic.zone: 1 hypervisor: VMware due to:
Unable to find the default physical network with traffic=Public in zone id=1.
2013-03-01 17:34:19,305 ERROR [cloud.api.ApiServer] (552681680@qtp-144013098-6:null) unhandled
exception executing api command: addCluster
        at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:571)
        at com.cloud.hypervisor.vmware.VmwareServerDiscoverer.find(VmwareServerDiscoverer.java:214)
        at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:204)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:689)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
        at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.proceed(MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.java:80)
        at com.cloud.utils.db.TransactionContextBuilder.AroundAnyMethod(TransactionContextBuilder.java:54)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor46.invoke(Unknown Source)

This exception is thrown from this piece of code recently checked in related to Vmware Distributed
Vswitch feature:

        List<? extends PhysicalNetwork> pNetworkListGuestTraffic = _netmgr.getPhysicalNtwksSupportingTrafficType(dcId,
TrafficType.Guest);

        List<? extends PhysicalNetwork> pNetworkListPublicTraffic = _netmgr.getPhysicalNtwksSupportingTrafficType(dcId,
TrafficType.Public);

        // Public network would be on single physical network hence getting first object of
the list would suffice.

        PhysicalNetwork pNetworkPublic = pNetworkListPublicTraffic.get(0);

In this case, pNetworkListPublicTraffic list is empty, thus index out of range error is thrown
next. Does anybody see this issue?

Sateesh, do we need to setup Vmware host differently than before with your new code? In previous
code, it can always successfully find vSwitch0 to use.

Due to this issue, I am holding off my merge until this is resolved.

Thanks

-min