cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <bhais...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CloudMonkey profiles to manage multiple CS instances
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 20:16:40 GMT
Easily do-able, pass a cfg file as cmd param not sure if everyone
wants it? Like git or vim, cfg is by default local for a user in their
home folder ~/.cloudmonkey/{cache, config etc.}.

Regards.

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 12:50 AM, Musayev, Ilya <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:
> Would like to get the feel of what community thinks of having "profile" abilities in
CloudMonkey.

> I have multiple CS instances at the moment and AFAIK I have to reconfigure CloudMonkey
for each when I have to switch - when working on my desktop.

> Alternative, I could probably create multiple shell users and switch between each or
do some other magic like swapping config files, but it would be nice just to switch between
profiles just like we do in git between branches from within CloudMonkey shell.