cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Contributing/Generating API Documenation
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 20:26:54 GMT
On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 3:00 PM, David Grizzanti
<david.grizzanti@sungard.com> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I'm still a bit new to the project but wanted to help out by trying to resolve of the
API docs bugs that are outstanding.  I was taking a look at the documentation on the Wiki
for contributing to documentation and it seems to follow the same guidelines as code.  I was
reading over this page - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+Documentation+Contributors+Overview.
 Is that the best place to start?

> Also, I was trying to build the API documentation on my local system following the instructions
here - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/How+To+Generate+CloudStack+API+Documentation.
 Is this page up to date?  It talks about running this script setup/apidoc/build-apidoc.sh
to build the docs, however, I found it here tools/apidoc/build-apidoc.sh and it seems to require
some command line options as input.

> If there are other wiki pages that would be more helpful or some other place to start
besides what I mentioned, let me know!

> Thanks
>
> --
> Dave

Hi David:

It depends on the branch you are working in. (Yes I know, that's not
terribly helpful)

In master and 4.1 - the following sequence should build API docs:

mvn clean install
mvn -P developer -pl :cloud-apidoc

Built docs will be here: tools/apidoc/target/xmldoc/html

Would you mind updating the wiki with this information?

4.0 has an ant target for building API docs.

--David