cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: CLOUDSTACK-1747: fresh deploydb bug in 4.1 requires cherry-pick commits from master
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 20:40:18 GMT
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We had a discussion on irc.
>
> To implement something intermediary will be around the same effort as finishing the job
and there are various reasons why just running the create-schema.sql and update*.sql is not
enough.  So we should just decide on finishing the job in 4.1 or document the behavior.

> Any input on which way we should take.
>
> The engineer in me says just finish the job.  It's obviously working in dev setup on
master so the risk of this introducing bugs is very low.  If someone knows why it's difficult
to change in cloud-setup-databases script, please speak up.

> --Alex

My take on this is that we shouldn't do anything to 4.1
The people that matter (users) are taken care of when they start the
MS - and that is a well-tested path.
The only visible benefit for 4.1 is for developers/QA - and while I
want everyone's life to be as easy as possible - last minute changes
to help folks in a branch that's already feature frozen and days away
from RC doesn't seem like the wisest path.

--David