cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 22:36:25 GMT
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 11:42 PM, Chip Childers
<chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> I've noticed that some of the projects separate discussions between dev
> and general administrative items via a general@ and a dev@ list.  For
> example, the last email I sent was about project meta-data.  It's not
> specifically about developing cloudstack, but about managing our
> community activities.
>
> Does anyone think it makes sense to break that type of discussion out
> into a general@ list?

So I unclear on this.

All committers are expected to be on -dev.

Now, because administrivia is happening on general@ all committers
will also need to be on that list. So I don't see a lot of benefit to
moving that traffic off of  dev@. I also don't see adminitrstrative
stuff taking up that much bandwidth. I understand marketing being
separate, though I think we've seen a number of 'missed messages'
already from that. Dev@ is where contributors 'live' - so metadata
about the project seems a fit there - or am I missing something?

--David