cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From prasanna <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can same Xen Server Host be used for different Management Servers?
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 05:50:46 GMT
On 29 March 2013 11:11, Kausal Malladi <mkausal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> As part of development, I have configured a XenServer host with
> Management Server built from CloudStack 3.0 source code and have
> changed few things (resource allocation algorithm) in CloudStack 4.0
> source code (for my experiment).
> Can I use the same host for testing my cloud with management server
> built from modified CloudStack 4.0 source code, or should I create a
> new host?
>
> In short, can a XenServer host be switched between two or more
> management servers? I think giving same IP to both management servers
> and using one at a time should be okay. Correct me if I am wrong.

The xenserver host you add to cloudstack should be fresh. It shouldn't
have any previously running VMs that you may have deployed using the
older source. Why not use devcloud for this purpose? You can restore
to a base snapshot as you please. DevCloud isn't very different from a
real physical  xenserver.