cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Re: VMware and RuntimeFault class
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 02:57:37 GMT
Here's a good example:

public abstract interface com.vmware.vim.VimPortType extends java.rmi.Remote

{

// Method descriptor #107
(Lcom/vmware/vim/ManagedObjectReference;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/vmware/vim/ManagedObjectReference;

public abstract com.vmware.vim.ManagedObjectReference
findByInventoryPath(com.vmware.vim.ManagedObjectReference arg0,
java.lang.String arg1) throws java.rmi.RemoteException,
com.vmware.vim.RuntimeFault;

// bunch more abstract methods

}

When I looked up com.vmware.vim.RuntimeFault, I found the following:

http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/net.java.dev.vcc.thirdparty/vi-api/4.0.0-4/com/vmware/vim/RuntimeFault.java

It extends a class called MethodFault, which extends Object.  There is no
Throwable in the hierarchy yet findByInventoryPath (above) throws it.

I don't understand this.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*