cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Re: Making use of a 4.2 storage plug-in from the GUI or API
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2013 00:09:22 GMT
OK, cool - thanks for the info, Edison.

When you say, "One API is missing," does that mean you're still working on
implementing that functionality?

Also, it sounds like these plug-ins are associated with Zone-wide Primary
Storage.  I thought Zone-wide Primary Storage wasn't available for all
hypervisors?

This is from a different e-mail you sent out:

"Xenserver and vmware doesn’t support zone wide primary storage, currently,
this feature is only for NFS/Ceph in KVM. And I think it should be useful
for your storage box? I am thinking per data volume per LUN for xenserver."

I'm not sure how my plug-in would work with XenServer, VMware, etc. if it
has to be Zone-wide.

Can you clarify this for me?

Thanks!

--