cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Attaching Volumes to Windows Instance
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 18:03:39 GMT
Need to install virtio disk pv driver inside Windows guest VM, otherwise the disk will not
be shown up.

From: Ahmad Emneina [mailto:aemneina@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:46 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org; Marcus Sorensen; Edison Su
Subject: Re: Attaching Volumes to Windows Instance

bumping and adding in the resident kvm gurus.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Maurice Lawler <maurice.lawler@me.com<mailto:maurice.lawler@me.com>>
wrote:
Greetings,

I am utilizing CloudStack-oss-3.0.2-1 on CentOS 6.3 | KVM.

It's running wonderfully, however, I have a Windows Instance I would like to attach a 'storage'
volume to. However, when I go to add the volume it only lists the Linux falvor instances that
are running to attach to.

How can I get this secondary volume attached to this Windows Instance.

PS: I have also powered off the instance and it still did not allow me to add it to the windows
machine.

Any suggestions, will be greatly appreciate !

- Maurice