cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Making use of a 4.2 storage plug-in from the GUI or API
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2013 00:35:20 GMT
That API will be easy to be added, and yes, I'll add it next week.
In the last email, I just give zone-wide primary storage as an example, and I thought your
storage box will be zone-wide? As you can see, createstoragepoolcmd api is quite flexible,
it can be used for zone-wide/cluster storage, so do the storage plugin.

From: Mike Tutkowski [mailto:mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com]
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 4:09 PM
To: Edison Su
Cc: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Making use of a 4.2 storage plug-in from the GUI or API

OK, cool - thanks for the info, Edison.

When you say, "One API is missing," does that mean you're still working on implementing that
functionality?

Also, it sounds like these plug-ins are associated with Zone-wide Primary Storage.  I thought
Zone-wide Primary Storage wasn't available for all hypervisors?

This is from a different e-mail you sent out:

"Xenserver and vmware doesn't support zone wide primary storage, currently, this feature is
only for NFS/Ceph in KVM. And I think it should be useful for your storage box? I am thinking
per data volume per LUN for xenserver."

I'm not sure how my plug-in would work with XenServer, VMware, etc. if it has to be Zone-wide.

Can you clarify this for me?

Thanks!

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com<mailto:Edison.su@citrix.com>>