cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Question about Zone-wide Primary Storage (4.2 Feature)
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 21:56:47 GMT
Xenserver and vmware doesn't support zone wide primary storage, currently, this feature is
only for NFS/Ceph in KVM. And I think it should be useful for your storage box? I am thinking
per data volume per LUN for xenserver.

From: Mike Tutkowski [mailto:mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2013 1:47 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Edison Su
Subject: Question about Zone-wide Primary Storage (4.2 Feature)

Hi,

It looks like in 4.2 we can assign Primary Storage to be not only for a single Cluster, but
Zone-wide (or specific to a Host).

I'm wondering how Zone-wide Primary Storage works for iSCSI.

For example, in 4.1 when you create a Primary Storage based on iSCSI and specify, say, a XenServer
Cluster, CloudStack creates a Shared Storage Repository for that Cluster based on the iSCSI
target.

How will this work with Zone-wide iSCSI-based Primary Storage?  If you have, say, two XenServer
Clusters, which one will CloudStack create the Shared Storage Repository on?  What if one
Cluster is VMware and another is XenServer, etc.?

Thanks!

--
Mike Tutkowski
Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.