cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: CLOUDSTACK-1747: fresh deploydb bug in 4.1 requires cherry-pick commits from master
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 20:24:42 GMT
Hi everyone,

We had a discussion on irc.

To implement something intermediary will be around the same effort as finishing the job and
there are various reasons why just running the create-schema.sql and update*.sql is not enough.
 So we should just decide on finishing the job in 4.1 or document the behavior.

Any input on which way we should take.

The engineer in me says just finish the job.  It's obviously working in dev setup on master
so the risk of this introducing bugs is very low.  If someone knows why it's difficult to
change in cloud-setup-databases script, please speak up.

--Alex