cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hyper-V Plugin & Microsoft Compiler & IP Clearance
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 08:21:27 GMT

On Mar 26, 2013, at 7:29 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:

>> and the C# part is for the ServerResource, right ?
>>
>> I won't code this, but it would be nice to minimize languages used in
>> CloudStack and try to be consistent across hypervisors (as much as possible).
>> Introducing another language and some framework that may or may not
>> have proprietary modules/dependencies will certainly complicate the build
>> and the testing, and maybe even the licensing.
>>

> Actually the ServerResource part was always planned to be implemented in other languages.
 Java is a terrible platform to execute scripts for example.  That's why communication between
management server and the server resource was done in JSON.

> --Alex

Right, and I believe that people agree that the KVM agent needs to be re-written in non-Java.
Could we agree on how to do this, and do the same for Hyper-V ?