cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Parth Jagirdar <Parth.Jagir...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS]- Dynamic Rendering of tooltip Content from the documentation
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 18:06:18 GMT
Is this what you have in mind?

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CrossRefs.html#OptsGenXref

Thanks,
.. Parth

-----Original Message-----
From: Pranav Saxena
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:26 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Brian Federle; Parth Jagirdar; Jessica Tomechak; David Nalley (david@gnsa.us)
Subject: [DISCUSS]- Dynamic Rendering of tooltip Content from the documentation

Hi,

I would like to propose a new feature here to effectively render the content from the documentation
xml files to be displayed in the tooltip dynamically . The idea is to associate a " xref tag"
with every major entity /form field /feature in the documentation notes , which could be parsed
by a python script using  the xpath module  and generate a json-formatted javascript file
.

Currently all the content displayed in the tooltips is hardcoded in a javascript file which
gets rendered based on a doc ID.  With the introduction of "xref tags" in the documentation
notes,  this javascript file would be generated during the build time and stored in the UI
folder from where the content would be rendered dynamically based on the above mentioned approach
 .

If the community is satisfied with the proposal , then I would take it forward , working in
collaboration with few other folks as well to implement this . May be , I could put up a detailed
FS for this .  This is just a novice level discussion and I believe , we would still need
to refine the approach based on the community comments/reviews.

Thoughts /Flames ?

Regards,
Pranav