cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Donal Lafferty <donal.laffe...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Hyper-V Plugin & Microsoft Compiler & IP Clearance
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:22:46 GMT
I think this split is already accounted for in the existing plugin architecture.  The external
C# component you mention fits the definition of the plugin's "ServerResource".  The bit in
the management server that talks to it would be a "ServerComponent".  See slide #7 of [1].

I agree with your proposal to use a RESTful API to link the two halves of the plugin. See
[2]

The problem is how best to add the C# component.  Does it suffice that the code and build
project are donated, and users left to build their own?

DL

[1] http://www.slideshare.net/DonalLafferty/2013-0219cloud-platformpluginsfinaldistro
[2] http://markmail.org/thread/q2qhbtk2ipny3r2t