cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [QUERY] Resolving JIRA ticket when sub task tickets are present
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 17:42:44 GMT
So far Dev has been using the main JIRA Ticket for their feature completion and I am going
over the subtasks to see if all subtasks are closed then only closing main JIRA Ticket.

I don't think there is a subtask needed for dev. It would be easy to check which stories are
resolved and take up those for QA/Doc. If the main task is still in open state, it is hard
to figure out which tasks to address. We would need another mechanism to figure that out.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 8:09 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [QUERY] Resolving JIRA ticket when sub task tickets are present

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 10:42:23AM +0530, Sateesh Chodapuneedi wrote:
> Looking for best practice to follow when resolving a feature ticket in ASF JIRA.
> If a feature branch has QA and DOC sub task tickets which are still open and development
is complete, should the feature ticket kept open or resolved/fixed?
> Or create another sub task for development mark that sub task as resolved?
> Kindly suggest.
>
> Regards,
> Sateesh

IMO, we would create a "dev" sub-task and track completion of the code there.  The parent
should stay "in progress" until all sub-tasks are done.

If we don't do child development tasks, then I would still keep the parent as "in progress"
until docs and QA are done.  The feature isn't
*done* until it's tested and documented.

-chip