cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sangeetha Hariharan <Sangeetha.Hariha...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ACS41][QA] Has anyone upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 01:57:02 GMT
I tried upgrade from 4.0 -> 4.1 using Rhel6.3 binaries for Management server and KVM hosts
in Advanced zone set up.

I had an issue with KVM agent upgrade. After upgrading the binaries on KVM host , cloudstack-agent
fails to start.
This was because agent.properties is not restored as part of upgrading the binaries from 4.0
to 4.1.
Once I restored the  agent.properties manually , cloudstack-agent was able to start successfully.

After upgrade , I was able to deploy Vms in new network without any issues.

Following are the issues that were found during upgrade testing:

	CLOUDSTACK-1844 - Upgrade 4.0 -> 4.1 - KVM host agent.properties is not restored as part
of upgrading the binaries from 4.0 to 4.1.

When DB dump checks between upgraded setup and freshly installed 4.1 set up were done , following
issues were noted:

	CLOUDSTACK-1842 - ASF 4.0 to 4.1 Upgrade: Missing Ubuntu 12.04 Guest OS Types on the Upgraded
Setup

	CLOUDSTACK-1841 - ASF 4.0 to 4.1 Upgrade: Missing Few Global Configuration parameters on
the Upgraded Setup

	CLOUDSTACK-1839 - Upgrade 4.0 -> 4.1 - Upgraded DB has lot more keys and indexes for many
tables compare to the fresh installed 4.1 DB.

-Thanks
Sangeetha