cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Federle <Brian.Fede...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [MERGE] Multiple IPs per NIC UI
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 17:58:57 GMT
Thanks for your suggestions Jayapal. Here are my comments:

>> 1. Place Acquire IP in the nic-view-all.jpg page nic 1(default) heading right side
end.

The acquire IP button is on the listing page to keep consistency with existing UI flows. That
is, to put the actions on the relevant listing page. Also, putting the add action on the NICs
tab would mean the user wouldn't be able to see their newly-acquired IP after the job is done,
without having to perform an additional click, which might be annoying from an experience
perspective.

>> 2. In nic-port-forwarding-select-ip.jpg
   place IP drop down column after the VM name. Also please change the column name to VM IP.
   Please change Drop down heading from Use IP to Select VM IP.

The reason it is under the name is because of CSS/wrapping issues that would be caused in
cases that the VM name is very long. Also, from a design/proportion issue it looked a bit
funny when I tried to put it side-by-side. I'll change the name to 'Select VM IP' though.

>> 3. Make changes for PF, Static NAT. Support for LB for  backend is not in master.

You are correct here...sorry in my original message I meant PF and NAT, not LB. I did not
make any changes to the LB flow.

-Brian

I have the following suggestions on the UI mock pages in the bug.

1. Place Acquire IP in the nic-view-all.jpg page nic 1(default) heading right side end.
2. In nic-port-forwarding-select-ip.jpg
   place IP drop down column after the VM name. Also please change the column name to VM IP.
   Please change Drop down heading from Use IP to Select VM IP.
3. Make changes for PF, Static NAT. Support for LB for  backend is not in master.

Thanks,
Jayapal