cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Francois Gaudreault <fgaudrea...@cloudops.com>
Subject Re: question on Distributed Virtual Switch support
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 14:46:32 GMT
On 2013-03-08 10:26 PM, Musayev, Ilya wrote:
> There maybe customers who only have 2NICs on their servers and it that case - if they
use DVS, they wont be able to use CS. Also, for most proof of concept work of CS, people tend
to use basic gear with 2 NICs in LAB, they won't be able to test CS if they used DVS on everything
including management net.
This is a weird assumption... I am not sure using only 2 NICs is a bad
design. Maybe in the 1gbps world, but definitely not in the 10gbps
world, and people are starting to embrace the 10gigE a lot. So my
opinion, you should allow people to use only 2 interfaces, and 1 dVS
with CS.

--
Francois Gaudreault
fgaudreault@cloudops.com