cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sateesh Chodapuneedi <sateesh.chodapune...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: question on Distributed Virtual Switch support
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 06:42:15 GMT
Hi Hari,
Please see my comments inline.

During discuss thread over the FS (in 72 hours time frame), there were no comments
over this point. Hence the implementation has assumed a 'No' and excluded management
network traffic over dvSwitch. I think enterprises prefer to leave management traffic
over standard vSwitch which is added by default during vSphere installation.
Would like to hear if otherwise? We can extend the support.

> Comment "CloudStack doesn't do following: Configuration of PVLAN " - isn't
> this an issue for support PVLAN?
Current implantation just configures VLAN over a dv port group (virtual network).
Virtual network orchestration over VMware resource is looking only for untagged
or tagged isolated VLAN networks.
Kindly let me know If there is any requirement for PVLAN enabled networks.
The current implementation can be definitely extended to support it.