cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Koushik Das <koushik....@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Local versus Shared Storage Type for Compute Offering
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 06:18:31 GMT
See inline

Storage type in compute offering is for root disk of VM (whether needs to be created on local
storage or shared). Based on this validation are also made as to what all operations are permitted
on the VM, disks.
Storage tags are only used for placements when there are multiple options available for either
local or shared storage.

> Can someone explain this a bit to me?  What if you said Local for the Storage
> Type, but put in a single Storage Tag that was only associated with shared
> storage?

In this case deployment should fail