cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [Merged] - CloudStack -664:AWS Health Check feature into Master
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 18:35:33 GMT
Hi Chip ,

I guess there was a discussion about the reason behind not having unit tests for this feature
now - (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cloudstack-dev/201301.mbox/%3C97F4356AEA71904482CD192135C038F9011CC0D20E7C@BANPMAILBOX01.citrite.net%3E
) . Not sure , if they hold good now as well  otherwise Rajesh would need to add them .

Thanks,
Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 11:22 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Rajesh Battala; Brian Federle; Animesh Chaturvedi; Haroon Abdelrahman
Subject: Re: [Merged] - CloudStack -664:AWS Health Check feature into Master

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 4:35 AM, Pranav Saxena <pranav.saxena@citrix.com> wrote:
> The AWS health Check feature backend code has been merged into master . The patch applied
cleanly and the RAT build was successful . I'll be soon merging the UI support for this feature
as well.

Rajesh and Pranav,

I don't see any unit tests or marvin tests for this feature.  Am I missing something?

I *do* see a good description of what I would expect to have seen made into a marvin test
included in the "Testing" field of review board.

We had agreed that tests would be included in new feature merges (documented in the feature
branch merge expectations [1] and referenced in the review board guidelines [2]).

Please explain when we will see these.  I'd like to avoid reverting the commits.

-chip

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Branch+Merge+Expectations
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Review+Board+Guidelines