cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [ACS41] Merge Debian packaging
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 13:22:59 GMT
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:55:21PM +0100, Wido den Hollander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the last meeting my #action was to merge the Debian packaging
> commits from master into 4.1, but I didn't get around doing so.
>
> I found some more time to test it all and it seems the packages are
> working pretty well.
>
> The package I tested mainly was the agent package, but the others
> should work as well.
>
> Now, my problem is the cherry-picking, since I didn't do that so
> often I'm looking for the easiest way to find all my commits (and
> from others) so those can be cherry-picked into 4.1.
>
> What's the easiest way to do this?
>
> Wido

Wido,

Are all of the related changes isolated to a specific folder?  If they
are, cherry-pick might not be the right tool (I think we can live with
losing the commit history, and just take the code).

So if that's the case, what I did for 4.0 docs was to generate a patch
from the diff of master and 4.0 HEADs for the docs folder, and then
applied that patch file within 4.0.

I think the same thing may work here.

On the other hand, if this does require lots of cherry-pick commits,
then grep the log for the relevant committer ID's and pull the list of
commit-sh's together (from master).  I'm worried about conflicts here
though, so I'd ask that you test the cherry-pick process on a local
branch before sending me the list.

-chip