cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: How do we handle updates to API documentation for existing
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 18:20:20 GMT
On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 02:13:02PM -0400, David Grizzanti wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering how we handled updating existing API documentation for CloudStack versions
that are already out in the wild (i.e. 4.0.0)?

> There is an open bug for the createStoragePool API command documentation, however, I
believe it only applies to the 4.0.0 documentation as this point - 4.1 docs were updated and
due to the storage refactoring, master API command was changed/updated (API doc http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/api/apidocs-4.0.0/root_admin/createStoragePool.html).
 CLOUDSTACK-1360 for reference.

> If this just follows the normal process, then I can submit a patch with a fix, but I
thought it was worth checking first.

> Thanks!
> --
> Dave

There may be a more general question to answer here, but being specific
to the example:

I'd suggest not spending time on minor bugs in 4.0, if they are clearly
superseded by changes in 4.1.  We're not that far away from 4.1, so the
value of that work may be limited.  Suggest that you close that bug out
as "Won't fix", noting *why*.  BTW - you have access in Jira to do that
now.

Your time may be better spent on the bugs that are going to survive the
4.1 release.  Cleaning up bugs like is good though... ;-)

Thanks Dave!

-chip