cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] BVT for CloudStack checkins
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2013 15:39:03 GMT
On Sat, Mar 09, 2013 at 05:01:49AM -0500, prasanna wrote:
> On 8 March 2013 22:24, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm going to start off a branch specifically to do BVT on
> > simulator and devCloud so that we can at least have system vms/vrs
> > and business logic tested.
>
> Hey Alex - will you be writing new tests or revamping the simulator in
> the bvt branch? On the devcloud side of things I've kept the
> devcloud-ci (https://github.com/vogxn/devcloud-ci/commits/master) up
> to date with changes reqd for running devcloud workers in a CI
> envrionment. I'm looking into the devcloud-kvm infrastructure some of
> which I ear marked last week.

Alex - After some hours with maven I've now removed the cyclic
dependency in the simulator build and it works again. I've pushed my
changes to the bvt branch for the further work on the BVT.

Here are the steps to build, run and test the setup of the simulator:
$ mvn -Pdeveloper clean install
$ mvn -Pdeveloper -pl developer -Ddeploydb
$ mvn -Pdeveloper -pl developer -Ddeploydb-simulator
$ mvn -pl client jetty:run

To deploy an adv. zone and test the server health:
$ mvn -Pdeveloper,marvin -Dmarvin.config=`find . -name simulator.cfg` -pl :cloud-marvin test

I should be able to put this in to a jenkins job next two days. The
health check is failing now because systemVMs won't come up. There is
an NPE in the ImageDataStoreManagerImpl. I'm not too familiar with
this part of code. So someone will have to resolve that.

I also feel we should decouple the simulator from depending on the
data-access of cloudstack. This can put off the performance test
results that the simulator is extensively used for. Perhaps after the
bvt is up and running!

Thanks,

--
Prasanna.,