cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject [QA][DISCUSS] Should we document formal release criteria?
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 18:32:31 GMT
Hi all,

Some IRC discussion triggered this thought:

Should we document our formal release criteria?  By that, I mean -
should we document the criteria that we use to claim that we are in a
position to cut an actual Release Candidate for voting?

I realized that I've had my own view sitting in my head, but obviously
that means that nobody else knows it!

Thoughts about what our criteria should be?

Here's what's in my head:

No Blocker Bugs outstanding
No Critical Bugs outstanding (unless there is a work-around, and only <
5 like that)
Builds all work
Packaging all works for the selected OS's
Docs and Translation updates checked in

Thoughts?

-chip