cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] - Building Non-oss build on Master
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 15:05:26 GMT
On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 06:07:27PM +0530, Pranav Saxena wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I am interested in deploying a set up with load balancer service provider as Netscaler
with Xenserver as the hypervisor  and hence wanted to deploy a set up out of the non-oss build
for Master branch . When I copied the netscaler jars in to the deps folder and tried to build
the master branch , it failed prompting that the vmware jars were missing .

> /*
> Failed to execute goal on project cloud-vmware-base: Could not resolve dependencies for
project org.apache.cloudstack:cloud-vmware-base:jar:4.2.0-SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts
could not be resolved: com.cloud.com.vmware:vmware-vim25:jar:4.1, com.cloud.com.vmware:vmware-vim:jar:4.1,
com.cloud.com.vmware:vmware-apputils:jar:4.1: Could not find artifact com.cloud.com.vmware:vmware-vim25:jar:4.1
in central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) -> [Help 1]
> */
>
> After investigating the issue with some folks locally , I realized that after downloading
all the jars , the Non OSS build works fine . So do we plan to have the dependency constraint
of having to download all the jars  relaxed  as someone might not be interested in using them
( eg If I don't want to use a VMware hypervisor , there is no need to download them perhaps
 ) . Or are there any other constraints because of which we need to download all the jars
?  Please let me know in case I am missing something here.

> Regards,
> Pranav

Check the build docs [1].  Each non-oss project can be targeted with a
specific profile.  That's not saying that packaging works, but you
should be able to add individual non-oss plugins to what you are
building.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/building-with-maven.html#BuildingwithMaven-BuildingCloudStack