cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][DOCS] Docs as their own repo? Was: [DISCUSS][TRANSLATION] commit to master or not ?
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 14:27:00 GMT
On Thu, Mar 28, 2013, at 08:28 AM, Chip Childers wrote:
> Before we get to this, I have a broader question:  Do we want to move
> the docs to their own git repo?  We manage them with different rules,
> especially WRT code freeze and whatnot.  This translation question just
> adds to the logic to pull the repo apart.

This came up once before, and initially I was against having a different
repo - but we've tried it for a while, and maybe it makes sense to break
it out.

Two questions:

- one, are we still going to bundle docs into the tarball for release?

- two, there was a proposal about using docs as tooltips, how would this
affect that if the two are separate trees?

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier