cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Min Chen <min.c...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade path for db
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2013 05:27:43 GMT
Hi vijay,

     As I mentioned in my previous email, the commit didn't completely fix the problem, which
requires a manual workaround to copy db folder before running deploy db. I checked it in to
unblock you. Since now we realized that starting MS can fix the db  problem, I will revert
my commit.

-min

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 22, 2013, at 7:07 PM, "Vijayendra Bhamidipati" <vijayendra.bhamidipati@citrix.com>
wrote:

> I spoke too soon - I hadn't realized I was in another branch when my setup worked, and
the branch didn't have your fix.. now on master, I actually am hitting the exception you mentioned
(of not finding the scripts) with the fix in place and if I revert it, I'm not seeing it anymore..
any chance you may be missing something else in your setup??

> Regards,
> Vijay

server to bring up the mgmt. server.. I hadn't copied over the setup/db/db directory either..
did a fresh db deploy and ran the mgmt. server.. thanks for fixing the db checker invocation!

> Cheers!
> Regards,
> Vijay

invoking DatabaseUpgradeChecker. I just checked in Commit
> 5b760f903f1a3145f62d05c1d3c142b710248026 to address this issue, but still have one issue
pending solution, that is, how to tell DatabaseCreator to look into setup/db folder to look
for those sql script in pom.xml. So far we haven't found a solution yet. A temporary workaround
is to copy setup/db/db to your project basedir.