cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Trippaers <trip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OVS KVM support https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-101
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 22:28:32 GMT
Hey Frank

It's a replacement for linux bridge at the moment.

It uses ova-vsctl to create and check bridge interfaces and it used the virtualinterface tags
in libvirt to create the virtual interfaces with ovs. The main reason for doing this type
of integration was that openvswitch is required on a KVM hypervisor for it to be used with
Nicira and the CloudStack nicira plugin. So i needed to make sure that bridge configuration
could work with ovs.

Cheers,

Hugo