cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Noa Resare <...@spotify.com>
Subject Re: [ACS41] Schedule reminder!
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 21:35:30 GMT
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com>wrote:

> Also, if we can get the DEB packaging wrapped up and in the branch by
> EOD Thursday, that would go a long way to ensuring that we will be
> working with a stable source tree for the rest of the process.  (Wido /
> Noa: ping!)

Yes, that would be awesome.  I've done some work on the github packaging
branch and we are now at a point where the manager starts and communicates
with the database. It's based on master a few commits after 4.1 was
branched, so it should not be a lot of work to get a merge in place (also;
I assume that the changes are pretty orthogonal to the new stuff in master)

Needs a bit more work, but I think that merging the stuff we have is
worthwhile even though some stuff are still missing. At least we are
improving the situation.

(As a sidenote, hacking around with the tomcat layered cake of startup
scripts is not easy or robust, we should definitely look into alternative
setups as soon as 4.1 is out)

/n

--
Engineering Experience, Infrastructure tribe, Spotify