cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <henri.go...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Packaging in 4.1
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 20:41:40 GMT
Well, some distributions are very stricts with binary contents in
packages, ie Debian, but not all.

BTW, there is no need to have RPM or DEB in distributions, as they
could be provided by Cloudstack as companion/extras packages
(yum/zypper, ppa).

For RPM distros, openSUSE Build System (https://build.opensuse.org/),
provide required build infrastructure.

This build/package factory may be also set elsewhere (may be even ASF)
and is not too complex to set (Jenkins, slaves for distros).
I'll be happy to help in such area if needed.

Cheers