cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Revert back to old mailing list mechanism, which would add "Reply-To: mailing list" to every mail it send out
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 01:11:02 GMT
Even though I don't feel strongly about this functionality, the way
the vote itself was presented bothers me. Clearly, if you want an
email thread to be treated as a public topic that all responses
automatically stick to, then you're a communist and trying to take
away people's freedom. Never mind that you can still send private
emails to someone.

I think there are a lot of valid arguments for and against, and for me
it boils down to the fact that this is an ASF project, and should
stick to what the ASF has set up, irrespective of what other open
source projects or lists do. But it seems like a bit of a cheap shot
to go after the Godwin's law vote.