cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Password has been reset to undefined
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2013 23:40:49 GMT
I can't comment on the 'undefined' part, but the idea is that
cloud-set-guest-password runs when the VM starts. Therefore, you stop
the instance, run the password reset, that pushes the new password to
the virtual router on that network, then when the VM comes up,
cloud-set-guest-password checks with the virtual router to see if
there is a new password. Then it pulls it down from the router and
applies it.

As far as the undefined, you'd need to look at your management server
logs to see what's going on there.

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Sinisa Denic <sinisa.denic@intech.co.rs> wrote:
> Please,
> I prepared centos6.3 template as password enabled.
> When create instance and try to Reset password, it says that machine must be stopped.
>
> Now I wander, how it is possible to CS to run cloud-set-guest-password on stopped instace?
> If I stop VM and repeat Reset password I get "Password has been reset to undefined".
>

> I try to comment condition checking is VM stopped in instance.js file , in that case
VM just reboot and no changed password.