cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation to a TLP?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 16:24:54 GMT
I presume Sebastien meant 4.1?

My main concerns revolve around those rough edges you mention. There
still seems to be a lot of confusion around the time-based release. We
got a lot of "wait, I can't include this" emails, I've seen people
commit directly to the 4.0 branch post-release rather than the manager
pulling in (perhaps they got buy-off from the release manager, I don't
know, but still it raised alarm bells for me to see the logs). There
was the whole javelin thing. Confusion around voting on the mailing
lists, etc.

I tend to agree with you Chip, that the incubation process itself may
not teach us anything further about these things, and they're just
things we need to iron out over time.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Chip Childers
<chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 04:49:55PM +0100, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 13, 2013, at 4:43 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:

>> Are you thinking to do this prior to 4.2 release ?
>>
>> With my individual hat on, I think it might be best to put up a strong 4.2 release
and then vote for graduation. It would strengthen our case.