cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: devcloud-kvm questions
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 04:56:12 GMT
So, I just ran through the install instructions and found the issues.
I'll be updating the images and instructions tomorrow.

Here are some things I did:

yum erase cloud-*
rm -rf /usr/share/cloud/
rm -rf /var/lib/cloud/
rm -rf /var/cache/cloud/
rm -rf /tmp/cloud/
rm -rf /etc/cloud/
rm -rf /var/log/cloud
rm -rf /var/run/cloud

virsh pool-list
virsh pool-destroy <local storage pool id>
virsh pool-undefine <local storage pool id>

edit /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow, /etc/group and remove cloud user/group

This gets rid of all of the old paths and installations. Now I followed the doc:

git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-cloudstack.git

cd incubator-cloudstack/packaging/centos63
./package.sh
cd ../../dist/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64
rpm -Uvh cloudstack*
cloudstack-setup-databases cloud:password@localhost --deploy-as root
cd /root/incubator-cloudstack
** new command: mysql < tools/devcloud-kvm/devcloud-kvm.sql
cloudstack-setup-management
** had to go into UI and set up integration port, then 'service
cloudstack-management restart' will move this to devcloud-kvm.sql

#set up marvin and auto-deploy test advanced zone (optional)
mvn -P developer,systemvm clean install
python tools/marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py -i
tools/devcloud-kvm/devcloud-kvm-advanced.cfg